Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ring Check Failure List

Ring Surf has started to check all the blogs in the blogring for the proper ring code. As a result of the recent changes at RingSurf (and changes to the ring code), there are many member blogs which now have the "wrong" ring code posted. I'm attempting to e-mail all the ring members to let you know individually of these changes. In any event, I will NOT be deleting blogs from the failure list until at least Saturday May 3rd so you have time to put the new code in place. Depending upon how well/badly things go with the new, improved RingSurf, I may move the blog ring elsewhere.

The latest copy of the ring code is available here. There are two versions of the ring code. One of them is plain text and the other includes the blog button image. If you want to add the blog button manually, you can copy it from the menu to the right of this page. Please copy to your own computer/server rather than linking to the image here.

Feel free to send questions to msmorenna (at) gmail (dot) com or leave a comment.

3 comments:

loopykd said...

I have fixed my code on my page but why do we only link to the ring homepage. Don't we want to link to the next blogger? Isn't the point to send each other our readers? It doesn't make sense to me.

Ruby Louise said...

To surf between ring members, you need to go to our site at Ring Surf (click on the blog ring link). My guess is that this is to give their advertisers more exposure. I agree that it's not particularly convenient, but the next/previous functions are available there.

I am examining other blog ring hosting options, but I don't expect anything to change in the next month. Suggestions for new sites are certainly welcome.

April 19, 2008 10:33 AM

loopykd said...

Hey thanks so much for responding. I really appreciate it and I think I'll hang for a bit.